Top 5 Paintball Sniper Reviews — Get The Best Deal
A paintball sniper can change the way you enjoy this outdoor activity whether you are a seasoned veteran or a newbie. But with a question on accuracy, durability and affordability abound, making an informed choice calls for a bit more research. We review 5 examples of paintball snipers that seem to attract a fair share of attention among buyers. Which one of them offers the best deal? What are their pros and cons? Read on to find out.
Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball Gun
Tippmann’s guns are well known for their high quality and ability to withstand the rigors of harsh outdoor environments and this Cronus Tactical Paintball gun is no exception. The body of this paintball sniper is made of high-quality composite material making it even more durable and lightweight as well.
It is designed to be easy to use hence ideal for beginners and also boasts a professional design look so you don’t end up looking like an amateur when using it. What’s more, it does not chop paintballs making it very accurate because chopped balls usually affect accuracy. It uses semi-automatic firing mode which enables it to fire eight paintballs per second and hence can hit targets accurately up to around 150 feet.
And to enhance the level of comfort while using the paintball sniper, it features molded — rubber vertical grip that can be easily removed with carry handle. The player’s palms and fingers stick to the grip quite firmly making it easy to carry around and hold especially if you’re playing in rainy seasons. And if that is not enough, the marker utilizes Tippmann’s reliable in-line bolt system to give you the best experience.
- Four Picatinny style rails: One is at the top of the paintball sniper along with a sight, the other one on the side and the third below the gun while the fourth one is along the sniper. The rails allows you to mount accessories like extra sights, scopes or flashlights to improve your level of accuracy
- Boasts both front and rear sights for perfect visual alignment of your marker with your target thereby allowing a more precision shot. This allows you to take more realistic and fierce appearance too.
- Internal gas line to enhance comfort, control as well as maneuverability thereby making it easier to move the paintball sniper especially during tense moments. By placing the gas line inside the sniper body, it leaves you enough room to hold the sniper and generally makes it a lot easier when you want to switch hands.
- Includes 6 position collapsible stock at the back to enhance your shooting stance. The stock locks into multiple positions allowing you to adjust the length for a comfortable fit and easily collapses down to fit perfectly in your marker case or gear bag.
- Mock Silencer that improves the realism of your paintball gun with front sight so you can take more accurate shots.
Enter your model number to make sure this fits.; High-impact composite body; Includes Mock Silencer with front sight, 6 Position Collapsible Stock, Vertical Grip
|Shipping Information|| |
View shipping rates and policies
- Requires little maintenance and you don’t need to have prior experience with paintball snipers to take it apart and clean it
- Durable so no need to worry about breaking it and is also quite affordable
- Versatile hence easy to customize to make it better for the user’s style of play as compared to other beginners paintball markers that cannot be altered in any way
- Little to no recoil when it is being fired making it a high-performance gun
- Its composite material tends to feel rough but fortunately with time when you get used to it, it feels normal.
Empire Paintball Sniper Pump Marker
The Empire Paintball Sniper Pump is a top-rated sniper because of its durability and premium performance. Designed as a tournament marker, this sniper boasts all the necessary features you require in order to master the skill of becoming a great tournament player. While it may not be the most affordable paintball sniper, investing in this marker will definitely bring you great value for your money.
It is based on the famous Autococker design thereby guaranteeing you outstanding performance on the field and operates at low pressure. The entire body of the marker is made of aluminum to make it extremely lightweight to carry around. And when it comes to efficiency, it does a great job by firing-off paintballs at a fast rate and accurately. In addition, the marker is very easy to use as it normally comes out-of-the-box ready.
It is also easy to maintain. To clean it you just need to disassemble it and clean the lube and bolts alone. The paintball sniper is built with an in-line regulator that comes with a swivel adapter, a removable pump assist plate, and a Delrin pump handle. It also boasts dual stainless steel pump rods that ensures every internal component of this marker operates smoothly while ensuring you get maximum stability.
- Auto-trigger feature which enables players to fire off rapid shots with an easily accessible safety button. The single auto-trigger is drilled to allow for minimum weight.
- Includes an aluminum 14″ barrel with two pieces and three barrel inserts: 675, 680 and 685 to ensure the quietest and most accurate shot possible while at the same time allowing for the most significant amounts of porting.
- Available only in grey/ silver colors and the parts are all black thereby which helps to keep the marker camouflaged in the woods.
- Spring return style pump handle that is quite easy to hold and extremely lightweight. This enables the player to be able to hold his target and rattle off a sequential shot with no difficulty.
- Auto-cocker barrel threading along with 10 round vertical feed cycle technology for improved performance and durability.
- On/ Off bottle adaptor that is normally controlled through the lever that shoots air to the gun’s in-line regulator and the air bottle.
- Engraved with the Empire logo as well as a logo jewel with cross hairs.
- The grip of the paintball sniper features a molded wrap together with a great finger groove on top so the sniper simply feels fantastic to hold.
Enter your model number to make sure this fits.; Tournament Level Performance pump marker; Low Pressure Operation; Auto-Trigger for rapid firing; Aluminum 2-piece 14" barrel; 3 Barrel inserts .675, ...
|Item Weight|| |
|Shipping Weight|| |
5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
|Item model number|| |
- Allows you to use different types of air bottles and hoppers as well so you can choose the ones that fit playing needs
- Does not make any noise when firing hence ideal for players who like sneaking around
- Reliable and efficient thereby offering smooth shooting experience
- Its pump-handle allows you to be able to re-stock by using your two fingers only even while pointing at your target whether you are right or left handed
- Since it comes with only three barrel inserts, quite a number of ballers think this is not good enough
US Army Project Salvo Paintball Marker Gun
Combining the ease of use, accuracy, and durability as well, the US Army Project Salvo marker is a great paintball sniper for those looking for a more realistic gun with features you would expect from more expensive marker brands. It is based off the AR-15 firearm used by the US army hence it is best for military-simulation enthusiasts as well as for firearms training simulation on team tactics.
Being a US Army licensed product, this is a great gun with beautiful design and very useful features. It features four Picatinny rails along with a built in sling mount so there are so many customization options for you to choose from. You can add in a fore-grip, a tripod or a bipod, red dot sights or even lights. It also has a cycle rate of eight paintballs per second which is not quite high but its decent for woodsball and thanks to its long barrel, accuracy is quite good.
The gun uses the most common 68 caliber paintball meaning you should not have difficulties finding paintballs online or even at your nearest local store. In addition, this paintball sniper uses semi-automatic open bolt blowback firing mechanism while utilizing Highly Pressurized Air, flexible and variable CO2 or Nitrogen supply.
And like every military style weapon made exclusively by Tippmann, this marker boasts an 11 inch high performance thread-barrel (contains 98 threads) which can be upgraded to 14 inch barrel and an extra magazine that you can use to store all your tools like extra screws, stock, Allen keys and even hopper after disassembling the gun. The package also includes maintenance kit which consists of tools like cleaning cable, Allen wrench set, lubricant, approved barrel sleeve and spare tank o-ring.
- Features die cast receiver that is made from aluminum construction for maximum durability. Because of its sturdiness, you can enjoy it for so many games without having to worry that it could break any moment.
- Sturdy collapsible and folding stock making it great for players who will be using face masks. The stock can collapse down to simply over 11-inches and expand to a little over 14″ thereby making the paintball sniper more versatile for whatever type of game you would like to play.
- Its front and rear sights can easily be adjusted and even removed at any time for greater comfort and accuracy.
- Uses the famous in-line bolt system to improve the performance of the marker and especially its accuracy.
- You can easily modify it into a long-range hunting-riffle style gun and is a great paintball sniper for both beginners and even intermediate players
- Can support various types of upgrades making your experience enjoyable. This means you can use it as a beginner and upgrade it gradually as you start being more advanced.
- Long lasting and quite easy to maintain
- Its handle boasts a rubber grip for maximum comfort while using it and carrying it around
- It is quite far from being lightweight when compared to other paintball snipers. It is even heavier when loaded up with paintballs. Fortunately, the marker comes with a comfortable handle grip so carrying it around should be a problem.
Wrek Paintball Project Salvo Sniper Gun Package
This marker is one of the relatively affordable paintball sniper options that one can get hands on any day. Affordable in this case does not mean “cheap” or “low quality”. Wrek Paintball Project Salvo features Tippmann U.S. Army platform, which makes it great in design as well as functionality. The marker offers high-end performance, closely resembling a real military gun and functioning just like one.
We like the fact that it features an upgraded J&J performance 16-inch ceramic barrel, complete with rails to affix all other items alongside a magazine that can also be used for storage. If this is your first time seeing this, you might think it is designed for pros but the fact is that this paintball sniper is suitable for anyone, regardless of experience or skill level.
In addition, this project salvo gun package offers blowback, the semi-automatic action which works incredibly well given the 16-inch capacity provided by the barrel. It is also worth noting that the gun offers 6-position, folding stock with the collapsible aluminum barrel with 4 Picatinny rails for easy accessorizing.
For a straightforward firing mechanism, this paintball sniper comes with a mechanical trigger, which gives you the steadiness and smoothness needed to shoot easily without using a lot of energy. Also, in case you need to adjust your rear sight, this system allows you to do just that.
In case you are looking for a military-grade marker that works just like a normal rifle, be sure to give thoughts to this marker.
- Picatinny rail for easy addition and removal of some accessories of the system.
- Comes complete with an Allen wrench set, lubricant, cleaning cable and approved barrel sleeve.
- Red dot sight (large style) meant to simplify the job of spotting targets when one is wearing a Paintball mask.
- Slick internal surface for enhanced air efficiency and better accuracy – this also reduces the noise signature of the machine.
- Its barrel is quite realistic given that it is a commando barrel complete with a commando muzzle break.
- For improved optics, the Wrek paintball project salvo comes with a strong Wrek all-metal riser rail for easier adjusting.
- Large tube category of red dot sight which despite having a rugged look performs pretty well at expanding your view and widening your viewing window so you can track your target with ease.
- Uses high-pressure or CO2 both which are readily available and you can get them refilled at any paintball field at a small fee.
- The paintball sniper has an all-aluminum die-cast receiver that is extremely durable. Besides that, the unit is safeguarded by a heavy-duty gas line complete with matte black finish.
- Removable magazine that can also function as a toolkit.
- Easy and cost-effective maintenance
- Impeccable performance
- Sturdy yet versatile
- Eye-catching military design
- Durable gas line (built with stainless steel)
- Refills are readily available at a small fee
- Quite heavy paintball sniper, weighing more than 8.5 pounds fully loaded. Fortunately, you can reduce this weight by removing some parts, without compromising the guns efficiency.
Tiberius Arms T9.1 Sniper
Next on the list is the Tiberius Arms T9.1 Sniper, designed for serious paintball players. It is one of the most popular markers in the paintball industry and for many good reasons. The quality of the paintball sniper along with its reliability and high accuracy rate make it a top choice for paintball enthusiasts as long as they are willing to pay the hefty price tag. The sniper is easy to clean, comes ready right out of the box and gives off pretty much no recoil at all which allows you to make more accurate shots. What’s more, it has a great reputation for not chopping the paintballs allowing you to save more paintballs for more productive uses.
Additionally, it is equipped with a five-position folding fore grip compact in design that is extremely comfortable to hold and fits the hands of any paintball player easily. And what makes the paintball sniper a great investment is its ability to use the famous Tiberius First Strike paintball rounds. So with 25x the accuracy and 3x the distance, you’ll definitely be yelling head shot the entire day. The marker also includes a hard-shell carrying case, built-in regulator, iron sights, hopper-feed systems, tactical flashlight, mock silencer tip barrel, low profile bipod and dual-rubber ball detents in the package.
- Dual illuminated scope (4×32) with range estimator for incredible precision. This means you have enough power to easily wreck havoc in any kind of situation and at the same time be able to turn the tide of a game quickly. It also gives the sniper a fierce and realistic tactical look.
- The paintball sniper has a 13 cubic inch tank made from high-grade aluminum construction for reduced weight and increased strength.
- Equipped with FSR adjustable riser that works pretty well at different range which is a great feature for players who intend to snip long distances with a scope.
- Includes a receiver on the upper of the marker featuring aluminum construction for durability and uses low-profile CO2 that is quite inexpensive.
- Rifled .683 FSR sniper barrel that is constructed in conjunction with Lapco-Paintball to increase accuracy. Although relatively small in terms of size compared to most markers that boast size slightly above, it still allows you to use a wide variety of paintballs without problems.
- Integrated On/Off Air Source Adapter (ASA) to keep your paintball sniper degassed until the tank is completely screwed in. You can also use it just in case the marker happens to vent air and rather than having to unscrew the tank to stop the venting, you can easily stop the flow with just a few screws of a knob. The feature also allows you to attach a tank or even a remote directly to the sniper.
- Quick puncture that comes already pre-installed in the magazine.
- Offers smooth operation and great accuracy level
- No chopping or jamming
- The stock combo keeps your aim extremely steady
- Offers excellent control
- Comfortable and reliable allowing you to dominate any field you step onto
- Quite expensive so if you are on a budget, this sniper is not for you. But it offers great value so it won’t disappoint you if you decide to make a purchase.
How to Choose a More Accurate Paintball Gun?
Accuracy is one of the key features that any paintball player always consider while buying a paintball sniper. This is because an accurate sniper can go a long way in ensuring you have the best experience in playing paintball game. Unfortunately, experts argue that there is nothing like a more accurate marker than another because a lot of factors can affect the paintball sniper’s accuracy some of which cannot be prevented. So how does one choose a more accurate paintball sniper?
First, to choose a more accurate paintball sniper, you need to determine how exactly you plan to use the sniper. Depending on how you are going to use your marker, you can either choose a short range or long range markers. Another thing to put into consideration is the barrel bore size.
A small barrel bore size means better accuracy but it is recommended to buy a barrel kit that offers modifications of various different bore sizes ranging from .675 to .692. You also need to consider how easy it maintains the marker since ease of maintenance usually play a big role when it comes to maintaining the gun’s accuracy with time.
Tips for Improving Paintball Accuracy
Different factors affect paintball gun’s accuracy. Some cannot be controlled like wind resistance and temperature but there are a few factors that can be easily controlled. So if you are wondering if it is possible to improve your marker’s accuracy, here are some tips to help you.
All parts of the paintball sniper should be lubricated because without proper maintenance, you’re sure to have problems with not just the level of accuracy but a lot of different issues. The barrel also needs to be kept clean because over time, oil, paint, dirt and even mud may accumulate inside thereby slowing down the marker’s operation and reducing its accuracy.
- Upgrade Some Existing Parts of the Paintball
Improving your paintball accuracy can also be done through upgrading your paintball equipment. You can choose to upgrade the barrel because for most paintball guns, the included barrel is usually of lesser quality in most cases. You can also upgrade the scope and the regulator because they also affect the accuracy of the gun largely. Choose a scope that has better quality and most importantly adjustable and a regulator with high-flow.
- Stick with one Marker
Try sticking with only one paintball sniper model so you can get used to how it works.
- Consistent practice is also key to improving the accuracy. Practice until your skills improve.
Competition — Which One Is the Best Among Reviewed and Why
All the five paintball guns reviewed are worth investing in as they make great markers. However, the US Army Project Salvo Paintball Marker Gun stands out and for good reasons despite being a little bit heavy. First, it utilizes HPA, flexible and variable CO2 or Nitrogen supply allowing for convenience. Secondly, it is a US-Army licensed gun and is quite affordable. In addition, it uses high-performance thread barrel containing 98 threads that is 11 inches and can be upgraded to 14 inches.